In this article read our review on Trex Adirondack Chairs. Thinking of buying new outdoor furniture for your backyard? There is no better choice than the simple yet classy and very comfortable Adirondack chair. Adirondack chairs have been around for over a decade and their popularity is only growing with time. People love these chairs for a myriad of reasons and that has led to several brands cropping up. But not all the Adirondacks you see in the market are worth your time and effort.
On of the Adirondack chair brands in the market that have equally impressed customers and experts is the Trex Outdoor furniture. The brand has gained tremendous popularity over the years and is known for its high-quality, sleekly designed and durable chairs.
Trex reputation is what nudged us to review two of its best selling Adirondack chairs. Read on to find out what makes these chairs so special.
Trex Outdoor Cape cod folding Chair Review
- A high-quality and sturdy chair that doesn’t require much maintenance
- No need to repaint or stain the chair as it never loses its color and even after years of usage looks as good as the day you first bought it.
- Assembly of the chair is extremely easy and takes less than 30 minutes.
- Foldable chair to save space
- Made in the USA
- The chair is more expensive than normal Adirondack chairs available in the market.
Trex Outdoor Furniture Cape Cod Adirondack Chair
- A sturdy and durable chair that is going to last long for a number of years without much care and maintenance
- A contoured back and wide seat to provide the users with maximum comfort
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Easy to assemble, the whole process takes less than half an hour to complete.
- The chair is water-resistant, waterproof and doesn’t crack, splinter, rot or weather easily.
- The chair is not foldable, and hence it can be a hassle to carry it from one place to another
- More expensive than other similar Adirondack chairs available in the market.
What is the difference between the Trex and Polywood Adirondack chairs?
There isn’t much difference between Trex and Polywood chairs. The majority of the Trex furniture you see in the market is made using the Polywood lumber, which is the HDPE lumber. The chairs do not comprise of any natural fiber or wood, are 100% environmentally friendly and extremely durable. They also contain UV pigment inhibition system to block the harmful UV rays from damaging your precious furniture. Also check Phat Tommy Adirondack chair Review
Can Adirondack chairs be made from Trex?
Yes, definitely. In fact, we believe that Trex is one of the best materials to be used for building outdoor furniture like Adirondack chairs. They are waterproof, weatherproof, don’t splinter, crack or rot with time and don’t require much maintenance. You might find the chairs to be a little expensive but their quality is worth the price you pay. Comfort is another niche that they excel at. These chairs are highly comfortable and generally have a curved back and spacious seats.
Is assembly of Trex Adirondack chairs required?
Yes, minor assembly of these chairs is required. However, some of these chairs come pre-assembled and require no assembly at all. Those that do require minimal assembly can be done very easily and even by a person with no prior experience. The whole process of assembly will take you less than half an hour. Instructions booklet is provided with the Adirondack chairs which you can follow for better clarity. Even few online videos are present for your better understanding.
How to clean my Trex Adirondack chair?
Cleaning these chairs is very simple. Either wipe the chair with a damp clean piece of cloth or if there are stubborn spots you want to remove, just wash the chair with soap and water. If you witness fungi on the chair, remove it using a solution mix of ⅔ water and ⅓ bleach.
If you are buying an Adirondack chair, two things that you shouldn’t compromise on are its durability and comfort. Buying a chair is a long term investment you undertaking ,hence, make sure that the chair is durable enough to last long number of years. The same goes for comfort as well. You don’t want to buy a chair that gives you regular backaches and make your shoulders sore. You intend to sit on these chairs for hours without any discomfort and that’s what they should provide.
Trex Cape cod Adirondack chairs seem to fulfill all the above two conditions and even more. These chairs are really attractive to look at and will fetch you compliments from friends and family alike. Available in a variety of colors, you can choose the chair according to your house decor or your mood.
Head of Content @ ACF (or, in plain English, I’m the guy responsible for ensuring that every blog post we publish is EPIC)